This iGaming Ontario (iGO) market performance report covers the second quarter (Q2) of the 2023-24 fiscal year (July 1 through September 30, 2023) and includes information on all Operators with gaming websites that had trading activity during that period.1
FY2023-24 Q2 – July 1 to September 30, 2023
Wagers and Gaming Revenue by Category
(FY2023-24 Q2 - July 1 to September 30, 2023)
To expand on the data above:
- Total wagers in Q2 of $14.2 B, a 132% increase over Q2 last year, does not include promotional wagers (bonuses).
- Total gaming revenue of $540 M shows a 105% increase over Q2 last year. This figure represents total cash wagers, including rake fees, tournament fees, and other fees, across all Operators from July 1 to September 30, 2023 minus player winnings derived from cash wagers and does not take into account operating costs or other liabilities.
- The count of 47 Operators and 71 gaming websites includes all Operators and gaming websites with trades that occurred between July 1 and September 30, 2023. See the up-to-date list of Operators and gaming sites.
- About 943 K player accounts were active in Q2. Active player accounts are accounts with cash and/or promotional wagering activity during the time period and do not represent unique players as individuals may have accounts with multiple Operators.
- The average monthly spend per active player account in Q2 was $191.
- In Q2, casino games, including slots, live and computer-based table games and peer-to-peer bingo, accounted for nearly $11.9 B (84%) of total wagers and $407 M (75%) of gaming revenue.
- Betting, including on sports, esports, proposition and novelty bets, as well as exchange betting, accounted for nearly $1.9 B (13%) of total wagers and $118 M (22%) of gaming revenue.
- Peer to peer (P2P) poker accounted for $397 M (3%) of total wagers and $16 M (3%) of gaming revenue.
As part of its commitment to sharing aggregate revenue and market insight reports, iGO intends to continue releasing, at minimum, a market report on a quarterly basis.
1The numbers in this report are unaudited and subject to adjustment. The Ontario igaming market described in this report includes all eligible games offered by Operators pursuant to an operating agreement with iGO from July 1 to September 30, 2023. As such, they do not include OLG’s igaming offering or pari-mutuel wagering on horseracing.